Sign in to follow this  

Beginner question, please help...

This topic is 4561 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not understand about matrix and vector in relation with 3d graphic (I'm not good in math). i wanna ask about it. for example in matrix transformation for translation : we must use multiplication the 1x4 vector with 4x4 matrix using: 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 --------------- 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 --------------- 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 --------------- px| py| pz| 1 so px py and pz is the x,y,z of translation...bla..bla..bla.. how can i find the result (how to calculate until the result coming) ??? and what the relation of the matrix and the result with our 3d, is it define our object x,y,z-cord point, or something else...?? Thankyou

I don't know if i understand your question completely but i will take a try at it. px, py, pz is where the object will end up. The matrix is really made up of more than translation, for instance with the same matrix you could scale the object and rotate it. But for most graphic programming there are functions to take care of the matrix stuff and all you need to do is pass in the coords of the final position. So for a simple translation you should not have to calculate the matrix. Hope that helped in someway.

zwig

This topic is 4561 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.