Where to license stuff like this?

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am working on 2 games. One game is another word game (sort of like Scrabble). The other game is a chess game. I was wondering. Where can I get word lists? I saw lots of word game in the market, but I don't know where they buy their word lists? Also about the chess thing, I was considering throwing in some "Mate in 2" or "Mate in 3" puzzles. I saw lots of games with this. Where do the developers get puzzles to put in their games? I assume I can't just copy them from any magazine or a book ,right? Thank you very much in advance..
Advertisement
Found from google search for word lists

http://www.net-comber.com/wordurls.html
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I dunno how comes I never thought to "Google" this! :)

So, case of word lists is solved. Any help on the chess puzzles? Thanks a lot again
Quote:Original post by someone2
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I dunno how comes I never thought to "Google" this! :)

So, case of word lists is solved. Any help on the chess puzzles? Thanks a lot again

Errr tried Googling for Chess puzzles?

Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Chess puzzles most likely subject to copyright. Using 'em without permission is big risk. Make your own or use copyright free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement