[web] Database Front Ends

Started by
2 comments, last by igni ferroque 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I do lots of work with MS SQL server, that is hosted on a remote host. My trouble is that I have a hard time finding a front-end to the database so I can actually do something. Here are some I tried and what I thought of them Enterprise Manager - Made by Microsoft and seems to only be shipped with the Server Operating Systems, which sucks because it's a pretty nice program (easy to use) DataDino - Decent program that works alright, made in Java I believe, it gets you by but I'm not a big fan of it. Doesn't let you edit fields table names and such unless you pay money. EMS MS SQL Manager - Excellent Program for databases, I believe you can use other kinds of databases with this as well. Lets you do just about anything you can imagine. Free Trial that expires after 30 days, after that they want like 400 dollars or some other figure I don't have. I would still be using this..but the trial ran up.. So now i'm wondering what other programs are out there, or maybe some of you're guys' personal preferences. Thanks, kag1 PS. I read on a website that it's possible to use MS Access to front end a MS SQL Server, but I see no how-tos or documentation on it at all. Anyone familiar with this?
Advertisement
It looks like the Lite version of EMS MS SQL Manager is free.
I don't know if you need the full version or if the Lite version will work for you.

Shawn
When using the Windows calculator program, always remember to clear any values from memory before exiting to prevent burn-in.
I'd love to have a real IDE for SQL server that wasn't stupidly expensive :(
I'd love to have a DBMS such as SQL Server, only free, with free GUI tools.
/me ducks

Oh, and have you looked at ASP.NET Enterprise Manager?
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement