Sign in to follow this  

is there a program that can create music like this (inside)

This topic is 4552 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

alright, most professional music writer's use equipment and record their songs into the computer (right)?. I'm not a professional musician nor do i want to be, i'm a programmer. However, to create a good game i need good music. So i was wondering if there is some program that basic acts as an insterment, allowing to you create and record sound in the computer. hope that made some sense.

Quote:
Original post by Ali_B
Click Start\All Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Sound recorder

i guess i didn't explain it. i wanted a computer program that can create the sounds itself. This makes it so you do not need to buy equipment (other than perhaps the program). I can't think this would be very hard to write, but i was wondering if it exists.

Seems like software synthesizers/virtual instruments are what you are looking for. There exist plenty, for example Native Instruments Reaktor/Absynth etc., or from Linplug, Albino or Alpha. They even have a free one, check FreeAlpha.
Then there are programs like ReNoise (uncrippled shareware) or Cubase, which allow you to arrange samples and use virtual instruments and filters.

And, if you happen to own a recent sound card, you can play , or create, any MIDI file you want. Most sound cards come with fairly good instrument quality (sometimes underestimated imho).

Quote:
Original post by Marmin
And, if you happen to own a recent sound card, you can play , or create, any MIDI file you want. Most sound cards come with fairly good instrument quality (sometimes underestimated imho).

how would i go about accessing these? sounds cool.

Okay, the General MIDI sounds on your computer are fine for a beginning computer musician, but after you gain a bit of experience, you're gonna want much better quality than GM sounds can deliver.

If you combine a sequencing program with software synthesizers and sample libraries, you have all you need to create high-quality computer music.

Its kinda disgraceful to me... You truly expect to be a programmer and do everything by yourself, including music and sprites and stuff? If you want GOOD music you would be better off working together with a composer. Its a common mistake to think music can be easy to make with the right equipment.

Quote:
Original post by Ronenriku
Its kinda disgraceful to me... You truly expect to be a programmer and do everything by yourself, including music and sprites and stuff? If you want GOOD music you would be better off working together with a composer. Its a common mistake to think music can be easy to make with the right equipment.

Er, I'm a programmer and composer, so it can be done you know. Most programmers probably aren't songwriters, but some are. :P

If you're not a musician though, you're gonna end up with "programmer music" for your game, much the same way I end up with "programmer art" for my games. Hahaha.

This topic is 4552 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.