is there a program that can create music like this (inside)

Started by
11 comments, last by Arglebargle 18 years, 9 months ago
alright, most professional music writer's use equipment and record their songs into the computer (right)?. I'm not a professional musician nor do i want to be, i'm a programmer. However, to create a good game i need good music. So i was wondering if there is some program that basic acts as an insterment, allowing to you create and record sound in the computer. hope that made some sense.
Charles Reed, CEO of CJWR Software LLC
Advertisement
Click Start\All Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Sound recorder
Quote:Original post by Ali_B
Click Start\All Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Sound recorder

i guess i didn't explain it. i wanted a computer program that can create the sounds itself. This makes it so you do not need to buy equipment (other than perhaps the program). I can't think this would be very hard to write, but i was wondering if it exists.
Seems like software synthesizers/virtual instruments are what you are looking for. There exist plenty, for example Native Instruments Reaktor/Absynth etc., or from Linplug, Albino or Alpha. They even have a free one, check FreeAlpha.
Then there are programs like ReNoise (uncrippled shareware) or Cubase, which allow you to arrange samples and use virtual instruments and filters.
And, if you happen to own a recent sound card, you can play , or create, any MIDI file you want. Most sound cards come with fairly good instrument quality (sometimes underestimated imho).
The Microsoft Software Synthesizer isn't that bad either...
Quote:Original post by Marmin
And, if you happen to own a recent sound card, you can play , or create, any MIDI file you want. Most sound cards come with fairly good instrument quality (sometimes underestimated imho).

how would i go about accessing these? sounds cool.
Try Anvil Studio
Quote:Original post by mike25025
Try Anvil Studio

Seconded.
Quote:Original post by Programmer16
Quote:Original post by mike25025
Try Anvil Studio

Seconded.

Thirded

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement