• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cannibal_Coder

Python + OpenGL = problems.

This topic is 4720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive been able to use openGL in C/C++ but when trying to use it in Python im having nothing but troubles. Ive downloaded PyOpenGL and as many related modules as I can find but they all require opengl.gl which I dont seem to have. So does anyone know what im missing or can give me any help/suggest? TIA

Advertisement
Ive got pyopengl. Ive downloaded all the modules it says it requires. What im missing is OpenGL.gl. Atleast thats what it says im missing when I try to run a prog calling for it.

hmmm. I'm not sure what the problem could be. pyopengl is supposed to provide that module. Are you sure you followed the instructions here:
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html

What are you running it on? windows/linux/mac?

Are you using the normal python distribution or the activestate one (http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython)? Maybe PyOpenGL assumes the normal one and they handle libraries differently... I have no idea at all.

EDIT: you can make sure OpenGL.GL is in your python path by starting the python interpreter and printing "sys.path" (you need to import sys first). Then figure out where PyOPenGL is installed in windows (search for "texture_cube_map.py" for example. Its part of the library.) Then make sure wherever OpenGL is is part of your python path. You can just do sys.path.append("path to OpenGL") to test it.

[Edited by - rollo on June 30, 2005 3:36:19 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!