blood

Started by
3 comments, last by sordid 18 years, 9 months ago
hey to all! somebody knows,how i can to make blood like turok[2]? how it maded there ? thx
Advertisement
In terms of general programming you could probably make yourself bleed by slamming your head as hard as you could on the computer while the compiler was running.

I'd rate this more of a game programming question unless this is a cross post.

And as for what you mean by blood, I only played Turok briefly because I really hated the slowdown and FPSes were not made for console play so it was like a double negative right there, I think oyu're talking about the blood spraying into the air? Seems like a relatively simple particle system, with a pretty confined initial vector and ballistic properties.
there blood - may really to jet! how ? i dunno
Speak do English I you and dunno?
I haven't played Turok 1 or 2.. but my guess would be it's two-fold:

the blood spray from attacking an enemy could be done from a particle system. You have the point of impact (doesn't need to be precise), and you spawn a particle emitter that constructs a billboard with a blood-spray texture on it. This billboard would move away from the enemy in the direction of the surface normal perpendicular to the viewing direction. The texture could be animated so that the spray would start off a small little line or such, and end up looking like a shower.

blood collecting on the ground would just be a matter of retrieving the collision point with ground, wall, or object geometry and attaching a decal to that surface.
for advanced realism, you could stretch the vertices of the decal to make it look like the blood is sliding down a vertical surface. for floors, you just scale the decal's vertices to move further from the center over time (up to some threshold) so it looks like the blood is spreading out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement