Sign in to follow this  

vertex textures

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The SDK says that I am suppose to set special vertex samplers: D3DVERTEXTEXTURESAMPLER to use vertex textures. However, I am using the FX framework. Is there anything special I need to do, or can I just pop a texture object in the FX file and sample it in the vertex shader? I'm just wondering because I am having some bugs and trying to eliminate possiblities.

Hi,

The format of the texture can't be anything you want. For instance, on my 6800, only D3DFMT_R32F and D3DFMT_A32B32G32R32F formats are supported as vertex textures. Also, if you're using hlsl instead of asm, you should use tex2Dlod instead of tex2D (don't remember exactly the parameters though)

Oh, and the problem with these 32b floating point formats is that you can't lock / update / unlock them ^^ You have to create them as render targets and update them by rendering to them. That's not the more intuitive way to do it ^^''

.:: Paic Citron ::.

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.