Sign in to follow this  
darkm00n

Mascot Capsule using motorola SDK

Hey all, I've been trying to get the MascotCapsuleDemo from the SonyEricsson WTK 2 apps to work on a Motorola phone. It keeps saying "invalid application" when it loads (it's a Motorola razr and the site, and numerous other sites report it as Mascot Capsule/Micro3D v3 enabled). So I'm trying to compile it via the Motorola v5.1.2 sdk, but looking through the libs in the emulator directories, the only 3d things in their are the Motorola 3D API. The documentation seems the same as the Mascot Capsule API, except for a few changes so I tried to change the demo code but.. the Graphics3d class is an interface and the DrawFigure clas shas to be over-ridden (the library is in a .zip called 'stubs', which sounds like ithasn't been implemented properly). Now does this mean that the main Graphics3D renderer has to be implemented by myself, or can I use the m3g Graphics3D object to render figures, and just link the two for the usage of the drawFigure function? Thanks for your time, Rob

invalid application is usually related with jad and MANIFEST.MF inconsistencies.

m3g and mascot capsule cannot be mixed together. actually, they can, but it's useless to do it.

you dont have to implement any of mascot classes, they should have come with an implementation. even if you implement them somehow, keep in mind that is an useless enterprise since on the device exists the real mascot implementation.

stub stuff is related to the RMI (remote method invocation) and to the way optional API are plugged-in into the sdk. not entirely sure tho.

it's probably that you havent the right sdk or you're trying to use one of the wrong emulators sdk. i dont know how 5.1.2 sdk is structured, but 4.4 which i have installed have 4 emulators (A.1, A.3, M.1, M.3).