OGG use in OpenAL

Started by
8 comments, last by Running_Wolf 18 years, 5 months ago
I've been having lots of fun recently. *sarcasm* Whenever I try to use OGG in OpenAL I get the following error popup from the debugger. The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_halfrate could not be located in the dynamic link library vorbis.dll.
L.I.G. == Life Is Good
Advertisement
That means you have an out of date vorbis.dll, grab the latest binary version and use that or build your own from the sources, libVorbis comes with VS6 project files you can use so it's a simple job.
Also you will want to use the static libraries rather than the dynamic libraries for it to work properly. Take a look at this post for the fix if you want to use dynamic libraries.
Thanks for the help!! It runs now, at least. Now for all the other bugs and stuff due to my lack of planning. :)

L.I.G. == Life Is Good
I'm sort of a new at this, but I was having the same problem; getting the error message (the procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_halfrate could not be located in the dynamic link library vorbis.dll). I downloaded vorbis.dll from "dll-files.com", and dropped it in the system folder, where the old one was. This didn't fix the problem. What am I doing wrong?!? Please help, I've spent A LOT of time trying to get this to work.
I don't know whether dll-files.com would have the latest version or not. I've put the copy of OGG Vorbis, downloaded from their site, that fixed my problem at ftp://amaryllis.gserver.com/Development/OggVorbis-win32sdk01.0.1.zip
L.I.G. == Life Is Good
Thanks, but I dont think they had what I needed. Any ideas as to where to find the correct version of vorbis.dll?
You may try just scrapping the version you have and getting the latest version from them. You may also want to look and see if you have more than one copy of vorbis.dll on your computer. If a game has installed a copy to System32 then Windows will load that one, rather than the one in your project directory.
L.I.G. == Life Is Good
Ok; did that. It did something, but, sadly, now the progam "encounters a problem" and shuts down, prompting the "send/don't send to microsoft" screen.
At this point there is something else happening in the program. Start doing line by line debugging to find where the error is occuring.
L.I.G. == Life Is Good

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement