Transfer w2k desktop setting to XP??

Started by
2 comments, last by ThoughtCriminal 18 years, 10 months ago
I extracted the reg file for my desktop colors, but add it to the registry on XP does not work. Looks like XP might have a different format. Googling I find what seems to be some kind of setting wizard that lets you move setting between different installs. If there is such a tool, could someone enlighten me on where to find it? Thank you.
Advertisement
I know that in XP it saves these settings as .theme files (you can save them by clicking Save As in the "Themes" tab of display properties). I don't think Windows 2000 supports this, though.

The "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" (never used it) is on the Start menu - go Accessories, System Tools. It appears to be able to transfer settings/files via network / direct connection or by disk.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Windows 2000 does support themes. Go to Start->Run and type "Themes". Then you can Save As the current theme. I think it should be compatible with Windows XP.
Thanks to the both of you. I email the file to myself so I can use it at work.

The bright white windows are killing my eyes. I prefer a cool medium blue for my windows background.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement