• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vbisme

Attaching Clipper in Windowed Mode

This topic is 6504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I attach DirectDrawClipper object to primary(front) surface only under Windowed mode. Because it is quite easy for us to substitute our own code for the clipper attached to back or offscreen surface.

My 3D application does not need backsurface''s DirectDrawClipper. ;-)

Kwanji

Guest Anonymous Poster
No, I don''t. But if your application uses dialogbox or messagebox in fullscreen mode, the DirectDrawClipper which is attached to primary surface helps you.

My application uses neither. :D

Kwanji

When creating a clipper, it requires that you specify a RECT. How do I calculate the "client area" RECT of the window? The area where the actions take place, excluding title bar, border and such.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You need not calculate the RECT of ''client area''. Because IDirectDrawClipper::SetHWnd() method associates clipper with handle of window, and makes it retrieve valid area automatically.

Hope this helps you

Kwanji, from Japan

If you had multiple windows on the primary buffer you were blitting to, you would need to do a SetClipper on the primary buffer with the correct clipper before each back->primary blit...

I can''t think of a good reason to attach a clipper to the back buffer, but you may need a seperate clipper for each back buffer (to be used on the primary...)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!