• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zhang_zhou

abou the AI programming in RTS games...

This topic is 6415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi,all... I am the beginner of the game programming,and now I have a problem,can you help me out? :-) I am very wonder for the AI in RTS games,such as Starcraft,Age of Empires,and so on,in these games,there are a lots of characters and the other stuff,such as the resource,but the AI can make the world in it as a real world,it is very great... but how to implement the AI? Do you know?:-),if yes,pls tell me,and can you explain it with some C/C++ code? Any help will be much appreciated!!

Advertisement
I dont remember the exact reference, but I know that there are a few excellent articles on units formation and other topics, written by one of the programmers of Age of Empires, at Gamasutra

For more general topics, it''s still very vague. You might wanna look up the Game AI website. There are quite a few good links over there

youpla :-P

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!