• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cedric Perthuis

5000 textures : D3D render becomes mad!

This topic is 6417 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I ''m making a 3D engine, all was good since I decided to put some lightmaps: I have loaded 5000 textures ( 4900 lighmaps of about 16x16 and 100 textures of 128x128 or 64x64 ). I have no errors, but the result becomes strange when I m''using a second texture stage for the lighmaps: When the view frustum is oriented toward the X or Y axe, my objects, walls, textures are well. But When I change this orientation, most of the vertices becomes mad: their coordinates seem to be randomized, so polygons are rendered in anarchy. The only changes in the code between the 2 states are the values in the matrix of transformation ( the matrix is well built since it works with a single texture stage, and just the 100 textures ). I ''m using DrawPrimitiveStrided with DX7, which I m''calling for each convex polygon I render. Has someone experienced such a problem ? And Get the solution ? Thanks For help

Advertisement
Hi!

Have to tried grouping several of the light maps together? You can fit quite a lot of 16x16 lightmaps into a 256x256 texture => alot less SetTexture calls etc..

Magnus

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!