ps2 basic

Started by
2 comments, last by jeanlucpikachu 23 years, 4 months ago
Are there any Europeans here who can shed more light on the PS2 Basic? What it can do, what example programs come with it, what hardware can be accessed with it, what have you done with it, etc. I realize it''s still early, but I''m chafing at the bit considering we yanks won''t be getting it =(
Love & Peace ^_^vCapt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
Advertisement
I have no idea how good it will be, but I can tell you that both the Playstation Yaroze and Saturn Basic sucked major ass. They weren''t particularly fast, and they never really got too close to the hardware. It''s almost as if they were meant for beginners... but no beginner would ever pay what the kit costs so it was more or less useless to most people. You really are better off with developing for the PC when it comes to hobby stuff... unless you could get a full dev kit for a console.

------------
- outRider -
How can I get my hands on PS2 basic? or any other ps2 dev stuff?

Can you get a dev ps2, like you could with the ps1s?

I got one! nah nah na nah nah!
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I heard that the PS2 BASIC is being included only with units sold in the UK so that it can be called a "computer" instead of a game console and thereby get around an import tax. In short it''s a bit of a scam to save money.

I highly doubt that it will have an power to it, and it''s definitely not meant for game writing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement