• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yyrkroon

DX8 Lib's

This topic is 6589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone made the Borland LIBs for DX8? Unlike the DX7SDK, the DX8SDK doesn''t have the Borland LIBs stock. I''m a little confused on the proper procedure to gen these files. Can someone step me through the process, point me to a tutorial, or upload/send the libraries?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Hmmm I think I''ll upload them today. I was intending to do it tomorrow but hell why not. I''ll upload the basic d3d libs first along with the dsound libs. These ones to be precise:
* d3d8.lib
* dsound.lib
* dinput.lib
However according to the manual you''ll still have to use the dextra.lib (or similar) to get the c_dfi* constants. These are carried from the DX7 libs. I think - that there are no changes between DX8 and DX7 device formats. Please check my site later today once I uploaded it

------------------------------
BCB DX Library - RAD C++ Game development for BCB

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!