Sign in to follow this  
phackett

Rumble Box

phackett    184
What's up dirty dogs.. I thought you said 'Bowlorama'? I need some input. I've been developing a game with a friend of mine for the past year or so, and we're getting ready to submit it to IGF in the fall. So go download 'Rumble Box' and tell me what you think. It's a 3d beat-em-up, but the website will tell you all the goods on that. And please email me if you have any suggestions. Don't hold back, either. www.phackett.com/rumblebox/ Thanks, Patrick Hackett

CyberFox    198
Simply fantastic game! Not much more I can say then that, everything just fits right together.

(Yep, got your email and wrote you back)

ildave1    561

@.@........ Things get a bit interesting down the road. :)

[Edited by - ildave1 on June 28, 2005 11:32:27 AM]

JBourrie    1204
Thanks, we like to see that people are enjoying our game. We will be sponsoring a Rumble Box High Score Tournament soon (currently slated for mid-July), if you are interested and want us to email you when it begins, please email me at jbourrie@digipen.edu.

If you're wondering who the heck I am :), I'm the other Rumble Box guy.

Thanks
Joe Bourrie

[Edited by - JBourrie on June 27, 2005 11:38:56 PM]

Sir Sapo    769
Wow, thats game kicks ass. Are those 3D models (like from maya), or are they just boxes with invisible springs, because it looks great. Good luck in the IGF.

P.S. Liked the dancing guy in the credits screen.

Rating++[grin]

JBourrie    1204
Quote:
Original post by Sir Sapo
Wow, thats game kicks ass. Are those 3D models (like from maya), or are they just boxes with invisible springs, because it looks great. Good luck in the IGF.

P.S. Liked the dancing guy in the credits screen.

Rating++[grin]

Boxes with invisible springs, and the animations were made in a custom editor Patrick wrote.

[Edited by - JBourrie on June 28, 2005 4:14:10 PM]

Sir Sapo    769
Quote:
Boxes with invisible springs, and the animations were made in a custom editor Patrick wrote.

Thats what I thought, an all around well polished and fun game. There are too many people who make a great game, and then leave it after the gameplay is done, but it looks like you guys went the extra mile with your menus and presentation.

JBourrie    1204
Quote:
Original post by Sir Sapo
Thats what I thought, an all around well polished and fun game. There are too many people who make a great game, and then leave it after the gameplay is done, but it looks like you guys went the extra mile with your menus and presentation.

Thank you. We spent alot of time making sure all of the transitions and menus were seamless, and I'm glad that there are people who appreciate that effort. I think it helps make a bunch of blocks seem a bit more alive :)

whiz_kid    176
Quote:
Original post by CyberFox
Everything just fits right together.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Excellent excellent game. [smile]

Whiz_Kid

This is a great game. Excellent!

I love the cartoon rendering and the special combos (Whirlwind, Strike...)

I've got to the Challenge Mode level where the player only have 1 "life", damn cannot survive any longer (Scored 3000.000+ though)

I think it'll be better if you put on a high score system, or design a better multi-stage multi-level game.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
This game is addictive! :) But you really need to implement highscores.
I also encoutered a small bug. When I got killed in one of the bonus stages
I could still move around and when the score screen came up I could move the
camera around. I think it was the bonus stage with bombheads.

phackett    184
Say no more, the high score system is in!!

Actually, we have a day or so left of bug fixing, but we'll be putting up a new version by the start of next week and hosting a high score competition.

Also, vincent_valentine, I've designed some new Challenge Mode scripts that will hopefully keep you busy a while (Good job on the 3 millon+, btw). They're not impossible (my requirement is that I can beat them more than half the time), but they make the Normal game look like cake.

And for Captain Anonymous, thanks for pointing out that bug-- I've actually seen it before, but I figured it was harmless so I didn't take the time to remove it. I think it happens when you lose (or win) the bonus stage, but then are hit afterward (which can only happen with a bomb).

Patrick

Sign in to follow this