• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JD Hofer

Microsoft V.C.++ 6.0 and DirectX 8

This topic is 6419 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My hair has almost all fallen out! How the heck (For lack of a better word), do you get IntelliSense to work properly? I have installed DirectX 8 both at home (Windows 98) and at work (Windows 2000), running Microsoft V.C.++ 6.0 (SP4) on both computers. The directories for my "Include Files" and "Library Files" are correctly set up (Set up during DirectX 8 install. I have double and triple checked them!). In my project settings (Link -> Object/library modules) d3d8.lib is listed first. The first line of code in my cpp file is: #include When I type in Direct3DCreate8, use a pointer or whatever related to DirectX 8 and/or DirectX 7 (I had the same problem with DirectX 7 before installing DirectX 8), IntelliSense does not work! I can type "DirectDrawCr" and invoke IntelliSense and get "DirectDrawCreate" but not "DirectDrawCreateEx". Can someone please help? J.D. J.D. Hofer My goal is to live forever ... So far, so good

Advertisement
Try copying the header files to your VC include directory, and if that doesn''t work try manually adding the files to your project.

quote:
Original post by Magmai Kai Holmlor

You''d think Micro$loth would do something about that, seems like a ton of people ask that question...

You reckon they''ll fix that in the next version of Visual Studio? If they don''t I''m not upgrading.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!