Sign in to follow this  
ricekrispyw

Code::Blocks

I am looking into the Code::Blocks IDE and I have seen that the people that use it love it. Why? Tell me what you like/dislike about it, how easy it is to use, some bugs you've encountered and if they were serious, etc... I'd like to know what people think about the IDE. Thanks. One thing I've noticed that I like is the ability to use different compilers. That's nice. Thanks in advance.

I like it better than Dev-C++ and the Vis C++ 2005 Express beta, but it's difficult to name specifics. I just prefer the general feel of Code::Blocks to the other two. I'm having some difficulty with it, though. I've started a larger app, and then halted it and tried a smaller test app, and on both of them, the compiled apps used the default Windows application icon instead of the ones I had set in the WNDCLASSEX struct, and had empty Window titles.

I can't figure out what's going on with that, but no one else seems to be having similar problems, so I can't really confirm it's a Code::Blocks thing. Other than that, though, I do really like it, and the apps seem to work fine. It's just the damn icons and titles :P

Edit: One thing I like about Code::Blocks is that the filetree in the project browser is automatically treed according to the file structure in the project's directory as well as header/source/other files. That's a nice touch that Dev-C++ doesn't have, and if it's available in the quagmire of Vis C++ Express options, I couldn't find it.

[Edited by - yckx on June 28, 2005 12:14:22 AM]