• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Talib

Amount of lines of code compiled

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is sort of a stupid question. In my earlier programming days with Turbo Pascal and TC++ the IDEs told you how many lines of code was compiled. How do you see this in VC++ 7?

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure they nicked that out of the compiler options a long time ago, but what you can do nowaways is use PLC (Project Line Counter)

"Description

The Project Line Counter add-in reports statistics about files in your VC5/6 and VS.NET projects.
Key Features

* Supports all versions of Visual Studio going back to Visual C++ 5!:
o Visual Studio .NET 2003 NEW!
o Visual Studio .NET 2002
o Developer Studio 6
o Developer Studio 5
Read below to see how that was done.
* Automatically scans your workspace and project files.
* Varied statistical data about your source code, including: lines of code and comment lines.
* Includes parsers for: C/C++, VB, INI and other file types.
* Can filter statistics based on workspace or project files and/or custom wildcards.
* Reporting & Exporting:
o Export as CSV file for processing by Microsoft Excel (includes sample worksheet with statistical analysis).
o Export as XML for use with the report stylesheets. IMPROVED!
* Online help.
* Full source code.
"

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!