Need opinion on a Wacom tablet

Started by
4 comments, last by a_insomniac 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone, here are a bunch of wacom tablets and I realize the size difference, but I'm not sure how much better the ones that are the same size but have a different price are. Which one do you recomend for size and also which one of that size should I get? Will the smaller, cheaper Wacom Graphire3 4X5 USB Tablet -Sapphire Blue work well? -Jake P.S. Sorry if this has been posted a million times; I haven't been on here in a while. [Edited by - jake2431 on June 28, 2005 4:44:44 PM]
Advertisement
I would go for the graphire3 6x8. It’s not that much more expensive than the 4x5 and you'll appreciate the extra surface area.

I wouldn't spring for the intuos3 unless you specifically need its functionality. (Namely extra precision, built-in tilt control, airbrush and marker add-ons).

If you are just looking for an introductory tablet at a bargain price graphire3 6x8 is the best bang for the buck.
Thanks man, I will probably get that one. If I need a better one later hopefully the first one will pay itself off.

-Jake
[Highjacking alert]

But if one was an artist with high level working What would be the absolut best tablet one could get ones hands on?

-Athos
-Truth is out there-
Cintiq (Essentially a touch screen monitor). Good luck affording it. :D

Intuos is probably the second best.

Although... lots of people use tablet PCs.

[Edited by - videodragon20032003 on July 1, 2005 2:11:20 AM]
I have had a wacom for years...it is a very cool and now almost a neccessary part of my digital art pipeline. In regards to affordablity I would go with the 6x8 which is nice for doing things like textures and stuff. But if you can afford it shoot for the 9x12 or bigger if you can. Although it takes up a little bit of real estate on your desk you will be glad you bought it in the long run...I have the 9x12 too.

The reason for me personally is that with anything smaller than the 9x12 you dont get the advantage of the wacom to screen aspect ratio. Meaning that with the 9x12 no matter where you move the pen on the wacom it is that same spot on your monitor. With the smaller ones it is sometimes a pain in the ass when you have to keep lifting your arm or moving around awkwardly to get a natural stroke for bigger projects.

Just my 2cents...but not matter which one you get it will surely put that mouse to shame :)

----------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement