Sign in to follow this  
mrmrcoleman

I don't know where to start with this...

I have been given a coin mechanism unit for a vending machine program that I am working on, and this text from the manufacturer. EXCEL SERIAL COMMS HALF DUPLEX 9600 BAUD 6 INPUT LINES RB0-5 COMMS TO PC TO GIVE VALUE WHEN COIN INPUT IS RECEIVED THEN "RX INPUT = COL NO" INHIBIT LINE GOES HIGH TO STOP NEXT COIN REQ UNTIL PRESENT REQUEST IS SERVICED. TO INHIBIT ANY INDIVIDUAL COLUMN REQUIRED SET RESPECTIVE INHIBIT LINE HIGH INPUT COMMAND USING CAP LETTERS IE A = 0X41 "INH X" WHERE X= 1 TO 6 TO INHIBIT COL "ENB X" WHERE X= 1 TO 6 TO ENABLE COL IF 'X' IS A VALID NUMBER THEN COL WILL BE EXECUTED AND THE RESPONSE WILL ECHO COMMAND PLUS INHIBIT REG STATUS WITH LINE FEED("0D0C" CHARS) INHIBIT REG = 0X04 IE INHIBIT COL 3 COMMAND "INH 4" RESPONSE "INH 4 0C" + LINE FEED INHIBIT REG = 0X01 IE INHIBIT COL1 COMMAND "ENH 1" RESPONSE "ENH 1 00" + LINE FEED INHIBIT REG = 0X0C IE INHIBIT COL3 & 4 COMMAND "ENH 1" RESPONSE "ENH 1 0C" + LINE FEED I don't have any idea where to start with this, I am assuming that some assembler may be required, the card is PCI if that helps. If anyone could give me a bit of a clue about where to start understanding this I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance, Mark

Ok, I've had a little look around the Putty documentation and it seems that Putty is just designed to allow me connect to another computer, this PCI card is located in the same computer that the program will be running on.

Am I missing your point?

Mark