draw two object

Started by
4 comments, last by Giacomo83 18 years, 9 months ago
I've another question: how can I draw 2 differents objects like a sphere and a quad?I triyed to define vertices,indices,texture for each objects and I call two time the functions glVertexPointer and glTexCoordPointer, than in my AppCycle I call two time glBindTexture and glDrawElements...but don't run? Any suggestion? Thanks
Advertisement
Define "don't run"

Nothing appears on screen? One object appears? Both appear but not textured? Application crashes?

You are going to have to post the relevant source code if you want people to be able to help you with this.

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Sorry you're right!
I try to draw two object in two projects: one with texture and one without texture.
In the one with texture, nothing appears; in the project without texture it's draw only the first object(a cube!)
This is my code im AppInit:
   glEnableClientState( GL_VERTEX_ARRAY );   glEnableClientState( GL_NORMAL_ARRAY );       glVertexPointer( 3, GL_SHORT, 0, objVertexdata);   glNormalPointer( GL_BYTE, 0, objNormal);	   glVertexPointer( 3, GL_SHORT, 0, objVertexdata2);   glNormalPointer( GL_BYTE, 0, objNormal2)    

And this in AppCycle:
        glScalex( 3 << 17, 3 <<17, 3 << 17);        glDrawElements( GL_TRIANGLES, objFaces * 3,                         GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, objFacedataDuck );	glTranslatef( 24.0 , 9.0, -300.0 );	glDrawElements( GL_TRIANGLES, objFaces * 3,                         GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, objFacedataDuck2 );

The code is taken from the project without texture!
There is a lot of setup involved with textures, especially if you want more than one.

Are you setting up your textures in your AppUi class and then passing them to you appInit method?

The in AppInit are you doing more setup such as this?
glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[0] );glTexImage2D(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, TEX_WIDTH, TEX_HEIGHT, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, texPtr );glTexEnvx( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE );glTexParameterx(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

Then your appCycle code should do something like this:
glEnable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );glBindTexture(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[0] );//drawing codeglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );

there is more as well but it's quite long, so see if this helps first.

Good luck, textures gave me quite a headache when I was first trying to figure them out. It took me a LONG time to get them working correctly.
Thanks for your help!
I try to add the lines you write, but when I start my application nothing is drawed.
This is my complete code of AppInit and AppCycle:

void CTexture::AppInit( TUint8 *tex1,TUint8 *tex2 ){    /* Create a texture pointer for glTexImage2D        and assign the first texture to it. */    const GLvoid *texPtr = tex1;    /* Set the screen background color. */    glClearColor( 0.f, 0.f, 0.f, 1.f );    /* Enable back face culling, texturing, and normalization. */    glEnable( GL_CULL_FACE  );    glEnable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );    glEnable( GL_NORMALIZE  );    /* Initialize viewport, texture matrix scaling,  and projection. */    glViewport( 0, 0, iScreenWidth, iScreenHeight );    glMatrixMode( GL_PROJECTION );    glFrustumf(-1.f,1.f,-1.f,1.f,3.f,1000.f);    /* Initialize appropriate texture matrix. First we have to translate the       input texture coordinate values to be within a range of [0,255]. Hence       we translate the x- and y-coordinate values by 128. Recall that the        values in nokTexCoords are between [-128,127], now they are in a range        of [0,255]. After that we scale the values by 1/255 to make the values        to be in range [0,1]. */    glMatrixMode( GL_TEXTURE );    glLoadIdentity();    /* Remember to change the matrix mode to modelview. */    glMatrixMode( GL_MODELVIEW );    /* Enable vertex and texture arrays. */    glEnableClientState( GL_VERTEX_ARRAY        );    glEnableClientState( GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY );    glEnableClientState( GL_NORMAL_ARRAY        );	glEnableClientState(GL_COLOR_ARRAY);    /* Set array pointers. */    glVertexPointer(   3, GL_FLOAT, 0, vertices);    glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT	, 0, nokTexCoords );    glNormalPointer(   GL_BYTE, 0, normals);    glEnableClientState( GL_VERTEX_ARRAY        );    glEnableClientState( GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY );    glVertexPointer(   3, GL_BYTE, 0, vertices2);    glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_BYTE	, 0, nokTexCoords2);    /* Set up global ambient light. */    glLightModelxv( GL_LIGHT_MODEL_AMBIENT, globalAmbient );    /* Set up lamp. */    glEnable(   GL_LIGHT0 );    glLightxv( GL_LIGHT0, GL_DIFFUSE,  lightDiffuseLamp  );    glLightxv( GL_LIGHT0, GL_AMBIENT,  lightAmbientLamp  );    glLightxv( GL_LIGHT0, GL_SPECULAR, lightSpecularLamp );    glLightxv( GL_LIGHT0, GL_POSITION, lightPositionLamp );	glMaterialfv(   GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_DIFFUSE,  objDiffuse);    glMaterialfv(   GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_AMBIENT,  objAmbient);    glMaterialfv(   GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_SPECULAR, objSpecular);    glMaterialfv(   GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_EMISSION, objEmission);    glMaterialx( GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_SHININESS,   10 << 16);    /* Set shading mode*///	glColorPointer(4,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,0,colors);    glShadeModel( GL_FLAT );     /* Textures are initialized in OpenGL ES API by this     function. Use glDeleteTextures() in destructor. */    glGenTextures( 2, iNokTexObjects );    /* Bind the Nasa Hubble texture to iNokTexObjects[0], set the texture        to the texPtr defined above, and set the texture environment. */    glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[0] );    glTexImage2D(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, TEX_WIDTH, TEX_HEIGHT,                    0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, texPtr );    glTexEnvx( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE );//	glTexParameterx(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);    /* Change the texture pointer to ogles.jpg texture and assosiate that with       the iNokTexObjects[1]. */    texPtr = tex2;    glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[1] );    glTexImage2D(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, TEX_WIDTH, TEX_HEIGHT,                    0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, texPtr );    glTexEnvx( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE );        /* Set the blending function for translucency. */    //glBlendFunc( GL_ONE, GL_ONE );     glBlendFunc(GL_ONE, GL_ONE);    /* Do not use perspective correction, can be enabled from the menu */    glHint( GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_FASTEST );    /* Symbian menu item initialization. See CTextureAppUi.cpp for more. */    iPerspectiveMode = 0; // no texture perspective correction    iTextureMode     = 0; // no texture wrapping    iLightingMode    = 0; // no lighting    iBlending        = 0; // no blending}void CTexture::AppCycle( TInt aFrame,TInt dirx,TInt diry ){#define cameraDistance 100    glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT );    /* Animate and draw the cube. */    glLoadIdentity();    glTranslatef(dirx,diry,-100.0);	glRotatex( aFrame << 16,0,0,1<<16);	glRotatex( aFrame << 16,1<<16,0,0);    /* Scale the quad coordinates to fit the screen. */	glScalex( 28 << 11, 28 << 11, 28 << 11 );    /* Draw the first 5 sides of the cube with the texture Nasa Hubble,       which is bound to the iNokTexObjects[0]. */        glBindTexture(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[0] );	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);        glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,420*3,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,indices);	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);//	glScalex( 20 << 16, 20 << 16, 20 << 16 );	glBindTexture(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[1] );	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);        glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,2*3,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,indices2);	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);}

Vertices and indices are the data of the sphere and vertices2 and indices2 are the data of quad that I want to use as background!
Thanks for your important help!
I modify my code...now I can display a background and a phere with texture on it!But if I try to put a texture on the quad of background, my application don't run!
This is my AppUi where I load the two textures:
void CTextureAppUi::LoadTexturesL(){    // Construct the full path names for the textures    _LIT(KTex1Name, "earthmap.jpg" );    iTex1FullName.Append( TEXTUREPATH );    iTex1FullName.Append( KTex1Name );    _LIT(KTex2Name, "sfondo.jpg" );    iTex2FullName.Append( TEXTUREPATH );    iTex2FullName.Append( KTex2Name );    // Create bitmaps for textures    iTex1 = new(ELeave) CFbsBitmap();    iTex1->Create( TSize(256,256), EColor16M );	iTex2 = new(ELeave) CFbsBitmap();    iTex2->Create( TSize(256,256), EColor16M );    // Create a image converter library utility for loading the NASA texture    iFs.Connect();    iBmapUtil = CImageHandler::NewL( iTex1, iFs, *this );    // Set the status and start loading    iTexID     = TEX;    iBmapUtil->LoadFileL( iTex1FullName, 0 );}// ----------------------------------------------------// CTextureAppUi::ImageOperationCompleteL(TInt aError)// Called when loading is finished. Handles the// loading of the second texture, initializes OpenGL ES// state when textures are loaded, and starts the // iPeriodic in Container class.// ----------------------------------------------------//void CTextureAppUi::ImageOperationCompleteL( TInt aError ){    _LIT(KTexError, "Tex load failed");    User::LeaveIfError( aError );    // 1st texture is loaded, still need to load the 2nd one    if( iTexID == TEX )    {        // Change the texture ID        iTexID = TEXB;        // Change the bitmap pointer for image loader        if( !iBmapUtil->SetBitmapL( iTex2 ) )        {            User::Panic( KTexError, 222 );        }        // Load the second image        iBmapUtil->LoadFileL( iTex2FullName, 0 );            }    // Both textures loaded    if( iTexID == TEXB )    {	 /*The data in the iTex1/2 are in RGB order but is read in BGR order. 	   So we have to switch the 1st or 3rd bytes. */	TUint8 *tex1 = (TUint8*)iTex1->DataAddress();	TUint8 *tex2 = (TUint8*)iTex2->DataAddress();	TUint8 t;        	for( TInt i = 0; i < 256*256; i++ )	{	    t = tex1[i*3];	    tex1[i*3] = tex1[i*3+2];	    tex1[i*3+2] = t;            	    t = tex2[i*3];	    tex2[i*3] = tex2[i*3+2];	    tex2[i*3+2] = t;	}        // Initialize OpenGL ES now that the textures are loaded        iAppContainer->iTexture->AppInit( tex1,tex2 );        // The original bitmaps can now be deleted because the textures        // are stored inside OpenGL ES now        delete iTex1;        iTex1 = NULL;        delete iTex2;        User::Panic( KTexError, 111 );        iTex2 = NULL;        // Set the texture loaded flag        iTexLoaded = 1;        // Start the container's iPeriodic        iAppContainer->iPeriodic->Start( 100, 100, TCallBack( CTextureContainer::DrawCallBack, iAppContainer ) );    }    // Invalid texture ID defined    else    {    }}

Here's the code of my main class where I draw the background and the sphere:

void CTexture::DrawSphere(TInt aFrame,TInt dirx,TInt diry){	glLoadIdentity();    glTranslatef(dirx,diry,-100.0);	glRotatex( aFrame << 16,0,0,1<<16);	glRotatex( aFrame << 16,1<<16,0,0);    /* Scale the quad coordinates to fit the screen. */	glScalex( 28 << 11, 28 << 11, 28 << 11 );	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);    glBindTexture(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[0]);	glVertexPointer(   3, GL_FLOAT, 0, vertices);    glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT	, 0, nokTexCoords);	glNormalPointer(   GL_BYTE, 0, normals);    glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,420*3,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,indices);	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);}void CTexture::DrawBackground(){	glLoadIdentity();    glTranslatef(0,0,-100.0);	glScalex( 28 << 11, 28 << 11, 28 << 10 );	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);    glBindTexture(  GL_TEXTURE_2D, iNokTexObjects[1] );	glVertexPointer(   3, GL_FLOAT, 0, vertices2);    glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT	, 0, nokTexCoords2);	glNormalPointer(   GL_BYTE, 0, normals2);    glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,32*3,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,indices2);	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);}// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------// CTexture::AppCycle// OpenGL ES main rendering loop.// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------//void CTexture::AppCycle( TInt aFrame,TInt dirx,TInt diry ){    glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT );	DrawBackground();	DrawSphere(aFrame,dirx,diry);	}

What's wrong?
Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement