• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Procedural Texture Loading

This topic is 4619 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am trying to load a scene from in lightwave file format. everything has gone smoothly up to this point, but all of a sudden i need to implement procedural textures. a few of them were easy to write the code for and make them look the same/similar/or better than lightwave. however a few are quite challenging and was wondering if anyone out there has a link to some code on "veins" or "crust" or even just a few ideas on how i might go about implementing those procedurals...

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I think that yo may be lacking a cellular texture basis function. Perhaps this should be an interesting link.

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~fuhrer/research/papers/worley.pdf

yea, after actually reading his paper, that is exactly what i need. i, for some reason, thought it was just another way of generating noise.

now, anyone have a better link to similar works on the worley cell procedure? i do better with practical examples rather than abstact math. if not, no biggie. i am sure google will turn something up for me soon.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement