[MSVC 6]External Dependancy

Started by
3 comments, last by SirLuthor 18 years, 10 months ago
Hiya folks.. Yet again, I come bearing the latest crop of problems! Anyway, you know how MSCV will automatically add an 'External Dependancies' folder to your project sometimes, with some headers in it, presumably headers you are including, but which are not included in your project? Anyway, whenever I '#include <windows.h>' anywhere in my project, I get a file called 'basetsd.h' added into the external dependancies folder, and I have no idea how it got there, much less how to remove it, and I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on these 2 points [smile] Yes, I realize I'm using a 6+ year old IDE, with an extremely outdated compiler, but I'm not upgrading until MSVS.NET 2005 comes out [smile]
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
Advertisement
basetsd.h is included by all sorts of windows headers, so even though you yourself are not including it, it sneaks in anyhow.

CM
Yes, I know that, but why would it fall under 'External Dependancies', considering the fact that it, like all the windows header, lies in the main include directory?
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=385832CE.20E85A3D%40mindspring.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dsv%26lr%3D%26selm%3D385832CE.20E85A3D%2540mindspring.com
Duly noted and appreciated. That solved it, thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement