mp3 to wma

Started by
2 comments, last by Kenbar 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi. Does anyone know of a decent program to convert MP3's into wma format? I'm trying to burn a music CD and most cd players don't read mp3. Thanks.
Don't Feed the Newbie!
Advertisement
Common CD players won't read WMA file formats either. What you have to do is burn them as an audio CD (as opposed to a data CD) or buy yourself an MP3 CD player. You can burn an audio CD by using Windows Media Player, although I personally use Nero or Easy CD Creator.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
For an audio CD to be created, the file needs to be a wave file or wma.
Don't Feed the Newbie!
The way a wave file stores data is similar to the way a CD holds data, so what the program will do is convert from MP3 or WMA to WAV before writing to the CD.

If you convert from MP3 to WMA you are adding an extra unnecessary step in burning an audio CD, and crapifying the quality of the audio even more; MP3 and WMA are lossy codecs.

Get yourself some burning software that'll read MP3. The next best solution is to convert the MP3s to WAV and use the software you currently have to burn your CD.

If you've got any more questions I suggest you turn to google rather than a game audio forum...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement