First Render

Started by
8 comments, last by smart_idiot 18 years, 9 months ago
I was wondering what people think there first render should look like i think mine is ok....it took me about 20 min. to figure out how to get everything right (with the tut that is) so i want peoples opinions about it so please be honest. You can see it at http://stickanimation304.tripod.com just navigate to the 3d models part. Thanks to all that look.
Advertisement
You asked for honesty, so I won't deprive you from that: it doesn't look like anything special. It's well, ah, a stick figure. The shading isn't smooth, it's faceted and looks really polygon-alicious. The way the legs curve into the torso also looks kind of weird and unnatural, unless that's the look you're going for.

Sorry to whip out the ugly comments at you, but I'm just trying to be honest with you: it needs some work. :/
I understand that you were honest and thats what i wanted so im gald you were.
i can add the sub surf up another level so the surface is real smooth (though i thought it was at 2 now that i check it was only 1) and i understand its only a stick figure but i plan to bring the arms down. give him hands feet (it wont take me long to do the hands i have already learned how. and maybe start work on his face though that will be the hardest part.
Still open for any opinions.
Very liberal with the polygons I see :)
Like i said before i had the sub-serf set to like 1 or something let me fix that real fat and then ppl's opinions may change.

OK check it again now please the sub-serf settings are correct.
(btw if anyone knows how to get rid of the little film thingy hanging off one of his arms please let me know.)
ninja_final.mpeg: GIF image data, version 89a, 950 x 603

Does that look right to you?
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
You must be refering to the little clip my brother did (he insisted i put it on there) like i said all i did was loop the pictures he did the rest.
And by the way if you noticed i said to just navigate to the 3d models part of it. And i dont quite understand what do u mean does that look right to u?
I mean it isn't an MPEG animation like the file name suggests, it's an animated GIF.

As for your 3D model, I think you've got a bunch of verticies on top of each other. Some of those edges look rather strange. Might need to wield them and renormalize all the faces.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Like i said i am new to this so can you please pu this in laymens terms :)(im talking about my model) i know what vertices are what do mean re-normailze them?
and i think i know what u mean i know its a gif. is this a problem?
While in edit mode, press 'A' to select everything, 'W' for a menu, '5' to select remove doubles.

Hit Ctrl-N to recalculate the normals.

Hopefully that will fix it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement