Disaster survival game?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ketchaval 18 years, 9 months ago
I'm playing a bit of SOS Final Escape right now, and it has a neat setting > a city after an earthquake has hit it, buses topple over and turn 90 degrees while you are in them! eek, buildings collapse,. I'm surprised that more hasn't been done in this genre, I can just imagine a survival game with a mixture of helping people and kicking ass. Ie. Rescuing good guys, and beating up / running from looters and bad people. I'd have thought that it would be a really exciting and dynamic environment? So any thoughts what could be done with this theme? If nothing else this kind of disaster survival gameplay could be integrated into games, ie. when a spaceship / submarine is blowing up and you need to escape. [Edited by - Ketchaval on June 28, 2005 6:42:09 PM]
Advertisement
After playing State of Emergency, a low-quality Rockstar game they put out while people were waiting for the next GTA, I was interested in a (good) game set in a riot. Whether you were a cop, or a looter, or a guy tryiing to get home to see if his kids are all right, it would be fun. I always envisioned it with a sort of Dynasty Warriors feel to it: Battles would take place without you, you could get stuck in a mass of violent people, or find yourself running to keep ahead of a mob, hoping they get distracted by something else.

Could be neat.
Quote:Original post by Iron Chef Carnage
After playing State of Emergency, a low-quality Rockstar game they put out while people were waiting for the next GTA, I was interested in a (good) game set in a riot. .

Yes, how about a 28-Days Later type fastzombie game, where you have to not only
deal with the ruins of the city but the mass of zombies out for your blood, as well as a few Manhunt-style survivalists.
If the underlying premise of 28 Days Later wasn't so... ick, I'd love the idea. It would actually be interesting to try it more like 12 days later - there's still a lot of people about, rather than the paltry number the main character encounters in the movie.

Games over the past couple of years have really done a fantastic job in advancing the number of active characters on the screen at a particular time without sacrificing a large amount of graphic quality. I suppose I would be envisioning a game similar in play style to GTA, but with a darker setting. There was actually one GTA:Vice City mod that change the game to a dark encounter attempting to escape from zombie hordes - sort of a cross between GTA and Resident Evil.
Hello Group,

I am currently working on a survival horror board game project that is dealing with the topic at hand. The idea came to me while I was working as a security officer and the post I was stationed at was a cemetery. To make the long story short I invisioned alot of images rushing to my head with out even thinking of it and I started the project a couple of hours later that morning at 2 am.

Now in the 8th year continuation of the project I have now started working on the layouts of each building and areas on graphpaper. The main map of the first area is roughly 3 1/2 to 4 feet long and same distants wide.

Its a very large map indead but as a table top board game 16 players can play at the same time or in small or large groups or by the playes choice by his or herself. Another detail I am working on is the 100+ optional occuaptional character storylines that will intertwine in one way or another.

The map is also designed to be formatted for the pc project but no dates have been set up as of yet. All in all the map is 60 pages for the main top city view with 60 pages under the main city top view of the sewer system.

I also added similiar qualities of the horror movies I have enjoyed over the years. Like night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, resident evil 1 and 2. Even for the video games that have the survival horror genre. The players can locate, search, combine, or store in various areas of the island from upto 400+ items, armor, accessories, weapons. These materials are all real world materials you would find in the local gunshop, market, fishing store, medical office etc. You can also choose from 40+ varied transportation vehicles also in the story line.

The story is based on the question " If the world had actually happened in a situation of chaos and the dead has risen from some odd anomully what would you do to survive? Would you survive as long as you could to know the truth? Or would you let the undead eat you alive.

The first area is 1 out of 9 world wide countries that has been effected by a bigger storyline. From Murder, Assination, Adultry, Traitorism (not sure is that is the correct pronunciation), blackmail, and other costly deatils that has caused this destruction in the storyline.

The last 100 people not knowing who each other are will have to trust, be patience, survive, work together (optional), and understad the situation at hand. As you the player as the character in the story will choose who is best for the situation. You will find the rest of the 100 occupational characters that have not been choosen to help you or not in the rest of the storyline.

I appologize for the long details. I get excited talking about this genre and I run my typing skills to the bone. But as it was said in the first message looking for a game similiar to what was enjoyed should be made.

See you all in the future of gaming,
BullDog
I'd love to see a Half-Life 2 mod with scenery rocking and houses collapsing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement