Question about VC++ 2003 .NET

Started by
4 comments, last by Fixxer 18 years, 9 months ago
VC++ 2003 .NET can compile standard Win32 apps correct? Im going to buy N3D, but they said it wont work on .NET I asked the people there and they said as long as it can compile a standard Win32 app like VC++ 6.0 can, it should work.
Advertisement
Can you give a link for N3D?
If they say it doesn't work, they may mean it's not supported and doesn't work out-of-box, but you might be able to make it work on your own.

VS.Net (all versions) can produce normal Win32 apps, but they link against the newer C/C++ run-times than MSVC6 does.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Im running it right now and building WIN32 apps, so yeah, it can. Why wouldnt it?
If someone said it wont work under .NET 2003 for some reason I dont think compiling win32 apps is the reason.
http://www.nuclearglory.com/php-bin/t2/manage/page.php?id=34&
Quote:Original post by Fixxer
VC++ 2003 .NET can compile standard Win32 apps correct?
Im going to buy N3D, but they said it wont work on .NET
I asked the people there and they said as long as it can compile a standard Win32 app like VC++ 6.0 can, it should work.

Typically when they say "it won't work on .NET" they are specifically referring to applications written in C#, J#, Managed C++, etc. which run on the .NET framework. Usually this is because they only provide static libs and/or dll/importlibs for languages such as C, C++, and possibly VB. Vs.NET still includes the standard C and C++ compilers for building traditional Win32 executables so you shouldn't have any problems linking it to your apps.

for what they charge for VS it damn well better compiler C++ :D
lol well the kind people at NG said they would look into building a .NET compatible version (meaning able to run in VC++ 2003.NET) if the version meant for VC++ 6.0 didnt work because I requested it. They are very nice people there, and have en excellent product. They have plans for adding over 600+ 3d graphics commands, onto the already made 300 some (i think) commands that deal with the windows API, such as dialogs, controls etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement