Will Wright's "Spore" presentation at the GDC

Started by
16 comments, last by Welshy 18 years, 9 months ago
See Will's presentation there. Username: p_samty@yahoo.com I am not usually one to be caught up by hype. But this game is CERTAINLY to be watched. The presentation is an hour long, but every bit of it is worth it IMHO. This is a really refreshing game that has a lot of potential. The attention to detail is crazy, and the scale surpasses anything I've ever seen or indeed heard about in a computer games. I'm really stunned.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Advertisement
Welcome to a hojillion years ago, jeeeese.

[wink]

But seriously, this is some cool stuff. It's nice that you're spreading the word, friend.
________________________________"Fetch me a rope, lynch mob of one." - Randy Blythe, Lamb of God."The masses are asses." - Unkown.
Absolute 100% crap presentation system. Still watching, but had to restart three times when I tried to get the slides to work. Ugh!
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Quote:Original post by Yosh

[wink]

But seriously, this is some cool stuff. It's nice that you're spreading the word, friend.

Have you actually watched THIS presentation ? Because AFAIK, it's not more than 2-3 months old.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Quote:Original post by xMcBaiNx
Quote:Original post by Yosh

[wink]

Have you actually watched THIS presentation ? Because AFAIK, it's not more than 2-3 months old.

Yes, I have, a while ago. [smile]
________________________________"Fetch me a rope, lynch mob of one." - Randy Blythe, Lamb of God."The masses are asses." - Unkown.
Thanks for the link, I'd forgotten to check this out. As impressive as the game is, what's even more impressive is the way that he can defy the industry nostrums on what will and will not work. After hearing "you can't mix genres!!!!!!" for a decade, it would be sweet to see Spore's sales go up like a rocket.

--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
That part confused me, I've never heard "You can't mix genres" before. In fact, I've always hear praise for games that mix genres well.
um..

(sorry, I had to!)
Quote:Original post by Fuzztrek
um..

(sorry, I had to!)

?
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud
Quote:Original post by Fuzztrek
um..

(sorry, I had to!)

?

He's making fun of Will Wright, and how he has a tendency to say "Um" a lot. [smile]

[Edited by - Yosh on June 29, 2005 4:55:48 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement