Making own flash player, activex or not?

Started by
2 comments, last by fnm 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello, Im currently trying to make a flash player in c++. I understand there are three ways to do it 1. Using the activex control provided with the flash player, which would be the most "complete" one, since the activex contains the full implementation. 2. Using a 3rd party library. 3. Using the Flash Player SDK. The third one is outta the question here, since Im not thinking into investing some bucks on this. So which one of the 1 and 2 is the best? What (freely available) 3rd party libraries do you know? Ive seen gameswf or whatever its called, and It seems good, but is beta quality and plus doesnt implement the whole set of flash features, leave alone I dont think it can read the swf 7.0 format correctly or at all. About the activeX stuff, how do I load an activeX control from C++ (plain old good win32, no MFC, and no VC wizards, Im making this in devcpp), any good examples or tutorials, I had a hard time finding some good ones I know this is probably not an easy one, but I thank any help beforehand Cheers
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by darklordsatan

What (freely available) 3rd party libraries do you know?

take a look here
Quote:Original post by darklordsatan
About the activeX stuff, how do I load an activeX control from C++ (plain old good win32, no MFC, and no VC wizards, Im making this in devcpp), any good examples or tutorials, I had a hard time finding some good ones

i'm using this
Quote:Original post by fnm
take a look here

Mmm, interesting, will take a look

Quote:Original post by fnm
i'm using this

Ive almost ripped the whole codeproject site, there are some great resources in there, its just a shame the disorder in there; there are some golden non-MFC articles in the MFC section, which is why Ive missed some nice stuff...
This article is pretty awesome!
But I wonder (since I dont know anything about activex, more than its dll-alike), how do you do it with a HTML control? Perhaps I generate an on-the-fly HTML file in the temp directory embedding the requested flash file? But the deal is, if the user as the flash activex control, will he/she able to play the flash file on the browser, or also theres the need to install the plugin,if so, I guess this is not an issue of activex, but more like saying the user "install the flash plugin for your browser", which is an approach I didnt foreseen but seems nice too.

Anyway, thanks for the help dude
I guess DisplayHTMLStr(...) is what you're looking for.
I'm using it like this:

std::string html="<object>\n<embed src=\""+outFile+"\" width=\"500\" height=\"500\"/>\n</object>";
DisplayHTMLStr(m_output->handle(),html.c_str());

If you want to see it in action, you can try my ugly/buggy actionscript IDE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement