Sign in to follow this  
McGrane

Dev-cpp aint workin right :(

Dev-cpp hasnt been working for me for what seems like forever now, At first it didnt matter what i was trying to compile, it would just show the default opengl program, the spinning triangle, no mater what i tried to run. But i did some comp fixes, like a registery fix, and it was working great ... for like 10mins. But now it just keeps saying file not compiled. Anyone know any solutions, or any reasons for this ? Thanks for any reply's.

It can be a problem with your settings, or maybe you are misusing devcpp. Try to create a new project (for example, a Win32 application) and to compile it.
If it doesn't work, I have updated my tic-tac-toe game (see the GDS) to compile with devcpp - I can email the whole code archive on request (PM me). I believe the ".dev" file si correct, and should allow the compilation of the code everywhere).

If it doesn't work, I suggest you to unsistall everything and to reinstall it.

Regards,

Thanks for the replies, but i just tried it again now ... and i seems to work again ? - Not sure why, because i restarted my comp the last time too ? Meh who cares as long as it works again ? lol.
And if anything else goes wrong with it ill use Devcpp fourms ;) Thanks for the link

Leave Dev-Cpp installed. Next, download and install Code::Blocks. It will automatically detect that you have mingw installed. I switched to CB about a week ago and am happier ever since. The debugger and code-completion work correctly, and I have yet to have the IDE crash or pop up with a segfault error. I'm going to keep dev-cpp though so that I can download and install devpaks.

Quote:
Original post by smr
Leave Dev-Cpp installed. Next, download and install Code::Blocks. It will automatically detect that you have mingw installed. I switched to CB about a week ago and am happier ever since. The debugger and code-completion work correctly, and I have yet to have the IDE crash or pop up with a segfault error. I'm going to keep dev-cpp though so that I can download and install devpaks.
You don't need Dvc++ for that, they are just .tar files with the .a and .h files in them. Just download and unzip.. er untar them into the proper folders.

Quote:
Original post by smr

<rumor mode on>
There is a Code::Blocks plugin in CVS that allows downloading and (un)installing devpaks. It 's going to make it in the next update :)
<rumor mode off>

Yiannis.

I personally wouldnt call a devpak "installed" but rather uncompressed. Like Vampyre_Dark said, they are just .tar.gz files, (like .jar files in Java, which are plain .zip)

Besides, the solution to a problem is not to switch compilers or buy new machines, is about solving things with what you have at hand.