Sign in to follow this  
Flash2005

How to disable VSync in Direct3D:D3DXSprite?

Hi, I use in my application DirectDraw and Direct3D:d3dxsprite for benchmark reasons. There is a checkbox in this app that defines if VSYNC is active or not. In DirectDraw I found the DDFLIP_NOVSYNC-Flag which works perfect. Now is there another flag for D3D which has the same effect? Where to set it? CreateDevice? D3DXCreateSprite? Example? I am using DirectX 9.0c. Thanks :)

CreateDevice, you have the device parameters or what they are called, when creating the device you an attribute for vertical-sync (along with the screen height, width etc).

Hi,
okay I think you meant D3DPRESENT_DONOTWAIT. I already tested this one and got no visible effect. My program should now only be limited by the time my
for(int i; i<1000; i++) and the operations in it need and not by the 60 Hz... but its still limited for some reasons? In my DirectDraw-Test the difference is very big: ~14000ms (with VSYNC), ~900ms (without VSYNC). The operations are quite simple, so the GPU is far away from beeing 100% loaded. The Direct3D-part runs in windowed mode, so this be the source of the problem?

Oh yeah sorry, mixed it up with my own engine.

But no, D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE, is the one. D3DPRESENT_DONOTWAIT is used to have Vsync, but not wait for the Vsync but return instead.