texture effect?

Started by
4 comments, last by Illco 18 years, 9 months ago
hi, i want to apply different effect texture(dental caries) in a small area for my tooth 3max module. How to do this: Is it apply the image to a specify area, and then export to a directX x file. Will the x file contain the bianay image file or it is a separate image file? And how to load it from dirextX file? thanks.
Advertisement
The x-file will not store the image; it only stores the filename of where the image can be found. You can obtain these texture references by loading the materials specified in the x-file.

Greetz,

Illco
Thanks Illco,

Can you explain more detail how do you do this?
can I save as x file in 3 max?
Not by default. However some exporters are available as plug-ins. For example, search for the Pandasoft X-file exporter using Google.

For importing you can try the D3DX framework that is delivered with the SDK. The SDK samples show how this can be done, as does the function reference for the mesh loading functions. See D3DXCreateMeshFrom... (ellipsis indicates various function versions).
Are they DirectX samples?
By the SDK samples I meant the DirectX SDK samples, yes. Most of them use the D3DX framework to load meshes from x-files.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement