• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
OpenGL_Guru

need to create a LIB file ...(and .dlls)

This topic is 4765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey all i have a set of .h and their accompanying .cpp files that i wish to make into a .lib. how would i go about doing this? while we are at it a .dll too.. thanks!!

Advertisement
yeah i am using MSVC 6.

i guess i was wondering if you choose New->projects->win32 dynamic link library , will this also create the .lib file too?

***it looks like i was rated down for asking this question..wow what a rating system we have,,

Same things happenned to me in the past, but hey they're only numbers.

Anyhow. MSVC shoud create all the files you'll need to use and build your .DLL, including a .lib. You'll have to do some giggery pokery with the classes/functions you want to have available in the .dll.

Not too sure about MSVC but with DEV-C++ I had to have the following:

#if BUILDING_DLL
# define DLLIMPORT __declspec (dllexport)
#else /* Not BUILDING_DLL */
# define DLLIMPORT __declspec (dllimport)
#endif /* Not BUILDING_DLL */

class DLLIMPORT yourClass
{
};

on all the classes I wanted available in the DLL. I passed the BUILDING_DLL as a parameter in the makefile -DBUILDING_DLL=1.

You'll have to do somethign similar I suspect.

Good luck..:)

Rated you up...don't know if it'll help your cause much though..:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!