ImageInformation class not instantiating in Release mode on other comps.

Started by
1 comment, last by Roof Top Pew Wee 18 years, 9 months ago
This is truly one of the weirdest errors I've ever seen. My machine's got XP and I'm coding in VS 2003 C# using the April DX SDK. Everything runs perfectly in Debug and Release mode here on my machine. However, I couldn't get my program to run on a friend's machine who only had the runtimes installed. I know, sounds like your typical beginner's problem. But here's where it gets interesting. I started removing lines of code here and there, and I noticed that after removing some parts of the program, it ran on his machine as well (of course, built in Release mode). I slowly widdled it down to one line of code that caused the crash. Believe it or not, it was this: ImageInformation imageInfo = new ImageInformation(); If I removed it, everything ran just fine, if not, I'd get the "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" error. I'm totally stumped as to why this is. The only difference that I think would even matter between our two machines is that I have the SDK installed and he only has the runtimes. Why would that one line determine whether the program crashes or fails? --Vic--
Advertisement
And here's another silly question. Do try/catch blocks work in Release mode? It seems like the errors that are causing the problems are slipping through and the program is crashing.

--Vic--
And to top it off, I tried building one of the demos that come with the DX SDK, and that won't work on the other machine either. I'm building in Release, and I went to Settings->Control Panel and made sure that everything was in release mode. Anyone have any ideas?

--Vic--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement