Directshow Overlay Mixer

Started by
0 comments, last by Blacksmith 23 years, 4 months ago
I have an application that uses DirectDraw and I need to play some mpegs in it but I couldn''t figure how to use the Overlay mixer to show videos inside my application. Here goes some questions: - Does anyone knows how to use the Overlay mixer in DirectShow ? - Do you have a source code that works and can be compiled ? - Can it be used only with DirectDraw 1 Interfaces ? Thanks in advance !
Advertisement
I am trying to do the same thing - combine 640 x 480 still bitmaps using DirectDraw and display animation (.avi files) using DirectShow (from DX 8.0) but without complete success. I can display the single bitmaps and then the first animation but after the first animation is displayed, the program ends and I get an error message that the primary surface can''t be locked for the next direct draw bitmap load. I think this is because I am using a DirectDraw4 object and I read in the directShow 8.0 docs that it is possible to combine directShow & a DirectDraw7 surface (but not earlier DDrawObjects). For my next experiment I will try to update the program to be based on the directDraw7 and see if I can get them to work together.

Anyone have any success/ideas on how to make DirectShow and directdraw compatible for mixing 2D display and animation?

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement