• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crix

Hunt for graphical techniques

This topic is 6589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yesterday I´ve just taken a look at ahw ´s posting "Mini contest : texture making" and I was rather shocked (maybe that´s not the word) - Such nice textures (structures) created with such few steps!!! I must say I´ve created some pics myself, but I always thought, that it was too much work for too little effect. I have heard about the "argument": "Don´t use filters or you´re not a real artist !" or "Guys who don´t use filters are idiots!" and so on. I agree with ahw who recently posted: "Use filters if you need them. If you don´t need them, don´t use them !" And I especially had to agree with him after I saw his work. And I think that every piece of art (if it looks nice) has enough artistic work in it, whether it´s made w/ or w/o the use of filters, and is worth to get honored. :D So, to get this posting to the point: I would be pleased if you use this thread as an exchange area for special graphical techniques . I suppose that I´m not the only one who wants to learn more of this cool stuff from the graphic gods!! PS.: Please excuse my bad English - I´m German. Edited by - Crix on 11/28/00 12:54:52 PM

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!