Sign in to follow this  
d000hg

Does anyone care?

d000hg    1199
Partly spurred by discussions here, I recently wrote a basic render/texturestage state manager for D3D to make sure the states were always known. It's hardly a big project obviously but I wondered if anyone would benefit from seeing it? If it's not found to be rubbish I'd be happy to release the source. I also started work on a windowed GUI system for D3D as a core component of a game engine. Similarly, if people are interested I'll try to design it so it can be slotted into other projects more easily, and release either the code or the .libs once it's done. Anyone bothered?

paulecoyote    1065
Hey may be you could write a little and submit an article. I'm sure people would be interested in seeing the code if they had an article explaining the hows and whys of what you did.

HopeDagger    970
I feel like I'm seconding people's ideas a lot here, but what the heck. ;)

I do second Paul's idea of writing an article to accompany your creation. The more 'goodies' that accompany your product (whether it be a monetary-based product or not :P), the more people will be drawn to it. Plus, if they can see the immediate use and benefits of using your library, then they will be more inclined to try it out and make use of it.

Opwiz    348
I'm intersted in seeing your code. I'm currently working on render-state management in my engine and there is not that much info available on the topic (if anyone got any useful links I'm intersted in that too).

d000hg    1199
Well I'm a bit busy for article writing right now, except perhaps the state manager could be a 'Sweet Snippet'. If anyone would care to look at the code and point out my errors please PM me, then once it's been checked I'll decide where to go. At this point I just want experienced people looking to critique, not wanting to learn from it. I'll get back in a day or two to everyone else with an official version...