Large .x files

Started by
8 comments, last by Endriu 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello! I just started doing some stuff and I've got a problem with large .x files. My model is impotred from 3D-MAX and it has about 100.000 polygons. When I load such a large amount of polys using <LoadFromXFile> procedure my aplication does only 5 fps. What to do?? I know that it is possible to get more. When I open it with "Mesh Viewer" it runs with 30fps. Could anyone show me the wright direction??
Advertisement
Make sure you're using backface culling and a decent way of rendering it (vertex arrays/display lists/vertex buffer objects/etc.).
Thanks for showing me the wright direction, I'll try to read about it. Could you write me sth more about it. What do you mean by "(vertex arrays/display lists/vertex buffer objects/etc.)"?
Are you using OpenGL or Direct3D?
DirectX, I write application in C++
I checked the backface culling and it seams that in Direct3D it's set on by default. Any other suggestions? Why is it runnung so slow? If i start doing sth. large my engine will not do more than 50.000 triangles. Does someone know how to improove this??
Is the resolution in both the model viewer and your program the same? If your video card is only able to do 3 million polys a second, it's likely that a large difference in resolution could significantly slow it down.
of course it's the same. Its even lower in my program, but thanks anyway. still looking for answer. I want to do a scene with great model in a front so i need it.
Endriu out of curiosity what video card do you have?
Oh man, I told u guys It can run on my machine beqouse in other application it has 30 fps.... I've got MX440

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement