My projects website

Started by
5 comments, last by Gehazi 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello! Here is my current projects website: SpaceScapeOnline It's a MMORTS, but please just give feedback on the website itself for the moment. The project will be coded in BB3D, and i already got a simple server. We aim for about 10-20 players in the beginning. .com domain coming in two to three months. Give me some feedback/ constructive criticism on the websites design, layout etc. Thanks for taking time to review it! Sincerely, Samsonite [Edited by - Samsonite on June 30, 2005 1:49:20 PM]
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Advertisement
Anyone?
Hi there!

Just took a quick look here is some feedback:

The good:
- Really good colorscheme. I like it alot!
- I like the shoutbox!
- Good headlines for starting with

The bad:
- Everything seem a bit "large", the logo is huge, the borders and such are also really thick. That does not look professional in my oppinion. I think the site could look a lot slicker.
- The lensflare on the logo. The logo itself is sweet, but that lensflare has got to go :)
- Different size of the "main frame" on different pages. This also gives an amateurish feel.
- It seems as the "menu" (and or other parts) are reloading on every page. Quite disturbing.

All in all the site has a lot of potential. You seem to have nailed the colors really good, you know your way around those photoshop filters and tutorials (remember though that less is more), the headlines are a good start (I always look for that screenshots link :P)

Hope I helped you some, if you have any questions about what I mean and such just ask em :)

Good luck with the project!

/hObbE
-------T.W.T.P.B. stylized shoot 'em up game - Get it now while it's hot!
Thank you very much

The Main Menu takes some seconds to load, I already know that. This is because the menu is loading in a frame.
Aliensvortex is now working with PHP, but as we still are hosted on a free server, there are no support for this, and we can't use something else than a frame.

Also, the graphics ingame are not finished at all, so there will not be any screenshots. Since there will not be any screenshots for a while, I have removed the link to it... I am trying to not have too many dead links

Lastly, we are working on 1280x1024 screens, and we haven't looked at how it is on 1024x768 screens. Aliensvortex, the webmaster, need to turn down the resolution when he's working on the site...

Again, thank you very much for your review!

EDIT: I just viewed the site at a different machine. The colors seem to be a bit different in certain places. I will fix this when i've processed your suggestions

[Edited by - Samsonite on June 30, 2005 3:24:27 PM]
Someone else want to comment on my website?
Move the shoutbox under the menu on the left side to leave more room for the content. And add a little padding between the menu and the content pane.

Oh yeah! And put up a banner link to your website and then post here to add your website to the GDNET Community Button Collection.

That's all [smile]
Boder
I thought your handle looked familiar...you had posted a month or so ago asking opinions about a different website (with the bright blue background).

This site is definitely better...although for the logo, the lens flare is too obviously a lens flare. Need some other way to render the star. Overall, the site looks decent and clean, but needs more work to look professional.

You didn't mention a MMO game before. What inspired you and your team to start this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement