Win32 GUI RAD...

Started by
9 comments, last by __ROB_D__ 18 years, 9 months ago
Hiya all! I've spent a good 10+ hours surfing round and trying diffrent things, and have got nowhere! What I'm after is a way of Rapidly developing a WIN32 GUI, nothing exterm, Window, couple of Sub-window, menus, buttons, listboxs, dialog boxs etc. So I looked at .Net, might be nice but I only have VC6 so can't. MFC, not even an option! wxWidgets to complex, FXRudy is script not C/C++ What i'd like is something simple, a bit like GLUI but for WIN32 not GL So i'm after so inspration! Thanks, Rob:-D EDIT: I'd like to use C/C++ so I can intigrate code I've allready written. I have created most of the guts, just need a GUI that i can then link with my existing code base. [Edited by - __ROB_D__ on June 30, 2005 7:26:57 PM]
Rob Davies - Programmer @ [XWired Games]
Advertisement
So wait, what langauge are you using? You mentioned .Net might fit your needs, then flew right over to C++. C++ never comes to my mind as being close to RAD.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
You might look into Python or VB.Net/C# Express Edition. They're free and cheap (respectively) and should do what you need.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Borland C++ Builder. The easiest way to build tools/apps using windows dialogs and controls. Unfortinitly, it is not for free, but very good.

// Allmight
-------------------------------------------------Founder and DirectorAllSoft Studios
whats wrong with the vs gui builder?? Its very simple to use and you can create and edit dialogs very simply. Even easeir to add member's and message handling. Its just one click:)

Cheers
CHris
CheersChris
From my experience the best options by far are Borland C++ Builder (or Delphi), or Windows Forms in the .NET languages. Both of the above are pretty similar (some of the same people were involved actually), and both do a very good job.
Do windows forms (C++) require the .net runtime?
Quote:Original post by xegoth
Do windows forms (C++) require the .net runtime?

yes
Quote:wxWidgets to complex

Shame you think that. It is probably the best solution for your problem.
A WYSIWYG editor based on WxWidgets is being developed as a plugin for Codeblocks (though it might also run as a standalone app): http://www.codeblocks.org/

I don't know if it's complete yet, but take a look anyway - it might be what you want. More info for this would be at their forums.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement