Sign in to follow this  

My first 3D game: Tetris# in C# and DX9

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, my name is Nguyễn Khánh Duy from Vietnam. Call me Vincent if you like. I've been looking round but haven't seen any Vietnamese member here. So I'm glad to be the first :D After a few months (two or three), I've decided to launch my first 3D game ever. It's called Tetris#, written in C# and Managed DirectX9. After some more polishing, I will upload it here. If anyone that have interests, mail me at nguyenkhanhduy@gmail.com Here is some screenshot: http://m.1asphost.com/chemchat/tetris-screenshot1.JPG -- After posting this and re-read the copyright notice, i've seen that i have violated the name Tetris (trademark of The Tetris Company). Oh my god, do I have to change the name?

I got problem playing MIDI files with AudioVideoPlayback (error .NET-BroadcastEventWindow). If anyone know how to fix this, please let me know.

Anyway, I've removed the MIDI playing ability. Tomorrow I'll upload the official version.

Here is the link to download the game. At the moment I don't have a personal homepage, so I'll just upload it there

It's actually a .zip file, but I have to add the ".rename" part cause the server doesn't allow .zip file upload. So please download, then rename it back to ".zip"

http://m.1asphost.com/chemchat/tetrisSharp.zip.rename

Any comment is welcome.

Here are Clickies if you want:

Screenshot
Game

Unfortunately i cannot play your game here on my Mac, but i might test it when i get back to my PC. But judging from the screenshot it looks pretty nice taking into account that it's your first 3D game!.

I need to make a normal tetris game before i can think about 3D.

Quote:
Doesn't want to run on my Windows box. Do I need the .NET stuff installed? (I Don't think I have it)

Yes, to run anything written in a .Net language you will need the framework. Windows Update will be able to get it for you, if you ask nicely ;)

Quote:
Original post by Instruo
Quote:
Doesn't want to run on my Windows box. Do I need the .NET stuff installed? (I Don't think I have it)

Yes, to run anything written in a .Net language you will need the framework. Windows Update will be able to get it for you, if you ask nicely ;)

Yea, you have to really plead with them. [wink]

Anyway, for those who haven't try out my game:

FEATURES:

- Original Tetris scoring system
- Switch between 3 types of blocks: Cube, Sphere, Torus
- Switch between 5 stage of quality: From Very Low to Very High
- Background music (read the note inside Music directory)
- Sound effects
- Smooth animation (moving, rotating, line clears...)

I'm wondering what to do next, may be Blockout?

At last.

Yesterday I got my hand on a copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. I installed it, rebuild the project and some bugs were gone!

I've uploaded the new version. You can download it via the same link as above.

Please do have feedback to me. Currently i'm working on a BreakOut clone. But I guess it'll be pretty boring. Any other suggestions?

Sign in to follow this