• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Samsonite

The Rating system...

This topic is 5111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

where's the rating anyways? and does it really matters what your rating is, I mean it not like people look at rating first then the post. its other way around. Post first and then the rating. If we like what you say we look at rating and then pump it up else it goes down. but bunch of numbers shouldn't hold you back in saying what you want to say.

Just my 0.02$

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
One word to describe the rating system: Petty...

I am posting anonymously though to protect my rating, as I am a petty person. [grin]

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
If everyone rated me up according to my help, I would have a much higher rating than I do. I'm not overly bothered about this personally. What then bothers me is that people who have ratings of 1500+ do nothing but post in the lounge. Having a look at their profiles shows they are not helpful, often not friendly, just 'funny' in certain peoples eyes.

I personally think that rating people in the lounge should be removed...

* Mushu slowly backs away from the thread, trying to avoid saying something.
<Mushu> Hi!

Ok, Kazgoroth - I'm sorry about my mistake. Your stickies look like you put a lot of effort into them (y)

Quote:

My recomendation would be to make it easier to tell how long a member has been around. I have a hard time telling the difference between the date for "member since" and "posted". Also, the frequency info that apears in the control panel page I think would be more useful than the ratings. If it could be taken a step further, I'd say track the post frequency for each of the forums or forum catagories.

I don't like the member since and average post per day statistics as I signed up when I was 11 or something and didn't become a regular user until I was 13 or 14 ;(

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Marmin
v

I don't find any of boolean's stuff funny in any case. It's just immature and strange, not amusing.

That comic was funny when the rating system was implemented due to all the "rate me up posts". However now it just says "Hey lets rate this idiot down for speaking about ratings!" and people that post defiantly aren’t being friendly. Plus the comic is about people being asked to be rated up NOT a discussion about the system. [rolleyes]

I'd like to add that the rating system hardly makes this site look professional considering the abuse. It turns it into a silly kiddy board where numbers like post-count, join-date and ratings are the most important thing.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Should we perhaps petition for a temporary suspension of the rating system, to see how things change without it?

Quote:
Original post by Scet
That comic was funny when the rating system was implemented due to all the "rate me up posts". However now it just says "Hey lets rate this idiot down for speaking about ratings!" and people that post defiantly aren’t being friendly. Plus the comic is about people being asked to be rated up NOT a discussion about the system. [rolleyes]

Thanks Scet. You are correct, the purpose of that comic has been slightly lost due to the evolution of the forums and the use of the rating system. I'm thinking of splitting it into a few smaller images (like I did with the medical comic).

Also, to the anonymous poster. I hope you didn't post anonymously just because you thought I might take offence to saying my stuff is crud, but because you don't have an account.

And I still support the rating-per-forum idea, where you have an individual rating for each forum. I hate having my 'lounge rating' bundled with my overall score.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!