Sign in to follow this  

MSDN Docs

This topic is 4547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm here at work with a machine that has Visual Studio 2003 installed but seems to be missing some of the MSDN documentation. Does anyone know if it's possible to download this content from the Microsoft website, or if one has to get an MSDN subscription in order to DL the library? Yes it's a very basic question but microsoft.com is a horrible labyrinth and I can't find anything.

You could just access it directly at MSDN. I don't think there is a downloadable install of the docs. Some of the items in the Platform SDK have separate doc downloads, but not all.

edit - too slow.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know about msdn.microsoft.com. I'm looking to download the documentation. Google is useless even with the site: keyword since any keywords I might use to Google for the docs, if they exist, will also hit a thousand other microsoft pages.

You can't. You can read the MSDN for free on the web, but to get an offline version of it, you need an MSDN subscription, or buy a license for any of the Visual Studio tools, a copy of the MSDN docs usually come with them.

This topic is 4547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.