Per-config preproc defines?

Started by
2 comments, last by SiCrane 18 years, 9 months ago
Hey all, I'm working under Visual Studio .NET 2003 and have a project with multiple build configurations (Debug/Release for DirectX and OpenGL versions). I'm using a library which requires me to #define a symbol for the DirectX rendering system or a different symbol for the OpenGL system, but not both at the same time. I'm fairly sure I've seen something before in the project settings where I can define preprocessor symbols on a per-configuration basis; these are not listed as a #define in a file anywhere but are automatically defined whenever I build under that configuration. The problem is that I can't seem to find this setting! Am I blind, or dreaming? That is all.
Advertisement
It is possible, under preprocessor defines, or symbols or something. I can't help any more as don't have access to VS anymore :(
"Configuration properties" / "C/C++" / "Preprocessor" / "Preprocessor Definitions".
Using the IDE, go to project properties. Under the C/C++ category go to the Preprocessor section, and the area you want is called Preprocessor Definitions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement