NeHe and CD's (Not a flame!)

Started by
13 comments, last by Null and Void 23 years, 4 months ago
Ninja, why the hell want you to upload a CD, where the hell is the CD then?

No, but really, NeHe wanted to do it, so let him do.. when you want to download nice things for opengl, go to NeHe.Gamedev.. and click on one of the nice lots of links there.. thats enought for everyone.. youre loosing in every point because you dont need to upload the nehedisk to have all your features.. BUT the disk features you just have .. with a disk (wow!)

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement
I''m a newbie to both OpenGL and NeHe. I can''t begin to tell you (Jeff (You''re the NeHe main man, right?)) how much you''re site has helped me. This semester was my first semester of computer graphics at CSU and I''ve been able to "wow" and exceed fellow students with the knowledge I''ve gained from the tutorials here. Anyways, I just wanted to thank NeHe for its kick ass site! (Maybe this should of been a seperate thread?)
Well i wouldnt expect Nehe to upload it to the net. No offence nehe, but the reasons you gave are (sort of) bullshit. What you should be saying, is that it would be increadibly unfair for those who have paid the $20(?) for the cd, only to be pratically backstabbed by having the content arrive on the net for free the next month. People: stop pestering him about it, who would bother putting it up on the net anyways? Do you really think that you would give something away to people for free after you''ve put pratically all your heart & soul into it? - I think not.

Its bad enough for some people who see their products up on warez sites, how would that make you feel to find out that someone has made a patch for your game which would prevent people from purchasing it?

Distribution laws weren''t made for nothing. Buy the cd if you want it, dont steal it. Not from someone who needs the business.

-- Wav
hayesj thanks for the kind words. Very cool that you''re into OpenGL it''s a great api.

wAVaRiaN ... Not really bullshit reasons, they are all valid reasons, but yes, I do agree, it would be pretty unfair of me to offer something that wasn''t available for the previous buyers, especially if it was at a reduced rate. Basically, I just want everyone to be happy, enjoy the disc, learn from it, appreciate everyones work! It''s not only a great reference, it''s also a great way to see what types of things others are doing with OpenGL. Some of the projects on the disc amaze me!

Anyways, thanks for the feedback everyone.
That''s right.
It''s all just a love everyone, share your code, and happy happy place to be.

LOL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement