• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brettporter

PortaLib3D Discussion

This topic is 6409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone. I''d like anyone who has checked out, or is using PortaLib3D, to post a few comments/requests here so I can get the direction of it correct. I know libraries have been done like this before (and coincidentally, one has started recently, with ROGue LIB showing up a day or two after mine - some nice work Rainmaker!) But, I''m trying to make it a little higher level. Yes, all the window creation stuff is there, and I''ve got fonts and models and textures. But the next couple of planned features are animation of models: I''d like to try skeletal animation, and then dynamic casting of shadows. Also, portability. Currently supported is Win32 and Linux/GLX (without changing any code in the project!) I plan BeOS support, and am working on DirectX support now (although I''m really not a fan of this - plan on using the OpenGL side). Where would you like to see it go from here?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
my hard drive.

I just downloaded it. After I use it a bit, I''ll post some messages about it.

The Kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

For the Linux users, there is a new version out, 0.1.0. Also cleaned up some other parts.

Next up: skeletal animation and shadows!

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!