Help on selling my applications

Started by
3 comments, last by Diodor 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I've been wanting to make some extra money online by selling my applications. I even tried making a website, putting the programs on there, and attempting to advertise, but I have failed. Does anyone know what I can do to get people to buy my apps? I'm an experienced and decent programmer but I have no way to let people know that before they buy my programs. The problem is that I don't know where to start because I have tons of programs just waiting to be bought. :) (and actually, I'm only 15, which is why I'm actually doing this online rather than in real life) If anyone can help me out here by giving suggestions, that'd be awesome. Thanks.
Advertisement
Well, what makes your programs different? Are they unique in any way? I know of tons of programs made by big companies, is yours some replica of an already good program on the market?

I mean seriously why would someone buy a program from an individual coder if they can go out and buy a better program made by some big corporation? As for getting people to notice you ever head of advertisement or self promotion?
I'm no expert, but you gotta use ALL the opportunities you have.

Including the small stuff, like a link to your website in your signature. If I wanted to buy anything, I don't know where to look!
Check out sites like www.download.com and list your stuff there. Also you just missed a chance to plug your stuff, as the poster above says slot a link to your website in your sig or profile.
Join the Association of Shareware Professionals. I hear they have tons of advice there (I never was a member though).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement