renderstates question in managed d3d

Started by
2 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I am rendering bounding boxes of objects in my scene. The boxes are line lists of CustomVertex.PositionOnly vertices (so no color information) If I render only the bounding boxes they are rendered 100% white. IF I render my scene objects too, the boxes are also rendered, but not 100% white. So I guess the rendering of my scene objects chenges states which affects the rendering of the boxes. I'd like to know what I have to do, to get my boxes rendered 100% white without beeing affected by material or lighting or vertex colors of previously rendered meshes. Thanks, Constantin
Advertisement
Simple, create a new material that is pure white for the boxes :) Also, disable lighting when they are rendered. Hope thats what you mean!
Ollie"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all the answers." ~ James Thurber[ mdxinfo | An iridescent tentacle | Game design patterns ]
Yes that's what I mean, but I hoped there is a way I can disable materials
Materials are used when lighting is enabled. Turning lighting off will give you white color with position-only vertices. Check this FAQ entry on vertex color - it's got a nice table of state combinations, and what colors they produce.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement